*** First note that I have only used NVIDIA System Monitor and have no user-knowledge of other tool software for this purpose. If your PC has an Nvidia graphics card, or installed monitor software, their System Monitor tool is available at nvidia.com. IT IS AMAZING!!! Add the program to your desktop and you can open the program and instantly know CPU, GPU, and hard disk drive temperatures, as well as memory% in-use, vital multi-core CPU% in-use for each, net data transfer speed and identifies CPU clocking speeds and more.
It also shows fan speeds and allows you to change their settings from auto to manual control easily (I use this feature as a temperature spike preventive on hot Summer days). I physically clean the inside of my pc more often since I used this program to record a 30° CPU average temperature drop after a good cleaning.
RealTemp is a temperature monitoring program designed for all Intel single Core, dual Core and quad Core processors. Each core on these processors has a digital thermal sensor (DTS) that reports temperature data relative to TjMax which is the safe maximum operating core temperature for the CPU. As your CPU heats up, your Distance to TjMax will decrease. If it reaches zero your processor will start to throttle or slow down so obviously maximizing your distance away from TjMax will help your computer to run at full speed and more reliably too. 3.60 (October 1st, 2010) • Added Core i Turbo multiplier and Turbo TDP/TDC overclocking for Extreme / K series CPUs.
• Added ATI GPU and improved NVIDIA GPU monitoring with CrossFire and SLI support. • Added a system tray / notification area font selector. • New Fahrenheit and 3 digit system tray option. • Fixed Core 2 Extreme multiplier reporting. • Fixed Core 2 mobile CPU C0% based load reporting.
Clean and Modern Temperature monitoring software? Solved Need 'realiable' Temperature monitoring Software with alarm. Solved Best software to monitor my CPU and GPU temperatures; Temperature monitoring software; CPU Temperature Monitoring Software Needed(and here is a fun CPU-Z error) temperature monitoring software help. Strangely, there aren't a ton of great system monitors that are still in development. If you prefer your monitor in the taskbar, you can check out Taskbar Meters, and if you just want to monitor your CPU temperature, something like Core Temp will suit you just fine.
• Changed how Core 2 Super Low Frequency Mode (SLFM) is reported. • Improved sensor test consistency. • Bug with Reset button on ATI systems fixed. • RealTemp GT for the 6 core Gulftown CPUs was also updated. • Separate i7 Turbo GT multiplier monitoring tool for 6 core Gulftown CPUs added. 3.40 (November 12th, 2009) • Core i7/i5/Xeon Socket 1156 support including accurate turbo mode reporting.
• New information window for NVIDIA GPUs with improved SLI support. • Correct reporting of Super Low Frequency Mode (SLFM) for Core 2 mobile CPUs. • Correct reporting of Intel Dynamic Acceleration (IDA) for Core 2 mobile CPUs. • Added VID reporting to the main GUI for Core 2 based CPUs. • Added a Fahrenheit=1 INI file option. • Added the option to view a Task Manager based or a C0% based load meter. • Added the ability to toggle C1E state and view the SpeedStep (EIST) state.
• Improved dual and multi-monitor support including Anchor mode. • Includes RealTemp GT, a 6 core version of RealTemp for Gulftown CPUs. • Includes i7 Turbo, a high precision multiplier monitoring tool for all Core CPUs. • Includes LoadTester, a variable load, single core testing program. • Skull=1 or Skull=2 INI option for reading each CPU on a Dual Quad system.
• Thanks rge, burebista and somebody on TPU for all of your ideas and help. 3.00 (February 4th, 2009) • Core i7 temperature and frequency support including Turbo mode. • NVIDIA temperature reporting with highest GPU temperature displayed in SLI mode. • Ability to run a file or shutdown based on user defined alarm temperature. • Updated interface with modern XP / Vista style and border in Mini Mode. • Start Minimized Vista issues finally fixed.
• New RivaTuner plug-in support. • Extra information on the main screen and the retirement of the toggle button. • Switch to UNICODE for better international support.
• Adjustable GUI colors and bold System Tray font option. • TJMax updated based on new Intel documentation and further testing. • Calibration formula simplified. • All new CPU Cool Down Test for a more thorough look at your sensors.
• Clock Modulation & Minimize on Close options. • New CPU Load meter, log file headings and Distance to TJMax in the System Tray. Menu Builder. • 101 other improvements including initial Windows 7 Beta support.